Finnish National Gallery – Ateneum Art Museum, Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma and Sinebrychoff Art Museum – lends to museums and exhibition organizers with professional museum staff, as well as appropriately secure and climate-controlled facilities.
Loan requests must be made in writing to the museum of Finnish National Gallery at least eight (8) months prior to the loan period for international loans:
- Ateneum Art Museum, Acting Museum Director Sointu Fritze
sointu.fritze(at)ateneum.fi / Kaivokatu 2, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
- Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma, Museum Director Leevi Haapala
leevi.haapala(at)kiasma.fi / Mannerheiminaukio 2, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
- Sinebrychoff Art Museum, Museum Director Kirsi Eskelinen
kirsi.eskelinen(at)siff.fi / Bulevardi 40, 00120 Helsinki, Finland
AND TO: Collections Registrar Satu Rantala, satu.rantala (at) fng.fi, p. +358 40 801 4220.
Collections Registrar is the contact person for all out-going loans, and answers questions related to them and the practical arrangements.
Loan requests must include:
- Borrower institution and contact information including invoicing address and possible VAT-number
- Exhibition name, venue with address, and dates
- A short description on exhibition concept
- Contact person for loan details
- List of requested artworks
- Attachment to request: Facility report (AAM Standard Facility Report or equivalent)
Each loan request is assessed separately. When deciding on a loan, the things considered include the condition of the work, display conditions particularly in the case of sensitive works, the status of the work in the collections of Finnish National Gallery, and other relevant matters such as reservations for other exhibitions.
Borrowed works must be insured against all risks ”nail to nail” before shipping. Professional fine art logistics agent must be used for transportation. The need of a courier is separately assessed for each loan. See Loan Terms and Shipping Requirements for Outgoing Loans for further information. Finnish National Gallery charges a handling fee of 200 € per work of art.