Our goal is to make the Finnish National Gallery the best workplace for our employees. We participate in the Great Place to Work program, which gives us a steady flow of insights into how our employees are doing in the workplace.
In 2017, we have been granted the Great Place to Work® certificate, which means we are among the best workplaces in Finland, showing the way for others. An organisation can be certified as a Great Place to Work® when at least 70% of its staff are happy with their working environment in regard to: credibility, respect, justice, pride and team spirit. This is considerably above the average 55% of staff who are happy with other workplaces in Finland.
We are building our organizational culture according to our values: Our work is guided by our values that state that we want to be a workplace where professionals work together as transparently as is possible.
We have a relaxed atmosphere and a unique work environment amongst national treasures. We are proud of our work and enjoy a positive internal work atmosphere, built by great colleagues.
We are part of the CoPassion research project, lead by University of Helsinki, which supports the building of a compassionate organizational culture. We believe that compassion in a work community increases worker satisfaction and results.
We appreciate a service-oriented mind-set, a cheerful and positive attitude and a professional outlook in all our positions.
We support employee wellness with various benefits:
- lunch vouchers/meal tickets and set prices for meals in the museum restaurants
- Virikeseteli vouchers (to support sporting and cultural activities)
- commuter vouchers for public transport
- occupational health care that goes beyond the legal minimumon-site massage therapy
- discounts and gift vouchers for products sold in the museums
- free admission to all three museums for the whole family
- personnel clubs
- recreation activities and personnel events